We hope this area of our site offers you helpful and pertinent resources.
Please feel free to email us with any information about additional sites you might like for us to add to our list. Contact Beth Fier at email@example.com
Thank you for visiting our resources area.
(Click on the title to expand)
Compassion & CFT
- Compassionate Mind Foundation, UK
- Compassionate Mind Foundation, USA
- Mindful Self-Compassion
- Self-Compassion Research
- The Center for Mindfulness & Compassion Focused Therapy
- The Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education
- Greater Good: The Science of a Meaningful Life
- The Inland Northwest Compassionate Mind Center www.compassionatemind.net
DBT & BPD
- Behavioral Tech: Trains mental health care providers and treatment teams who work with complex and severely disordered populations to use compassionate, scientifically valid treatments and to implement and evaluate these treatments in their practice setting. Resources for clinicians and clients are available through the site.
- National Education Alliance for Borderline Personality Disorder (NEA-BPD): A non-profit organization staffed by volunteering consumers, family members, and professionals. NEA-BPD seeks to “Advance the BPD Agenda” by raising public awareness of BPD, providing education, and promoting research about borderline personality disorder through a variety of programs.
- The National Institute on Mental Health (NIMH): Link to NIMH Fact Sheet on Borderline Personality Disorder, its symptoms and treatments.
- The Treatment and Research Advancements Association for Personality Disorder (TARA APD): Fosters education and research in the field of personality disorder. Targets mental health professionals, consumers of mental health services, families and/or the community at large for education and advocacy efforts.
- Mindful website
- The Mindfulness Institute
- Mindfulness Research Guide
- Mindsight Institute
- Mindful Awareness Research Center at University of California Los Angeles
- University of Massachusetts Center for Mindfulness
- University of California at San Diego Center for Mindfulness
- Mind and Life Institute
Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities
- Disability Resources, Inc.: Disseminates information about books, pamphlets, magazines, newsletters, videos, databases, government agencies, nonprofit organizations, telephone hotlines and on-line services that provide free, inexpensive or hard-to-find information to help people with disabilities live independently.
- The Elizabeth M. Boggs Center on Developmental Disabilities: Provides community and student training and technical assistance, conducts research and model demonstrations, and disseminates information and educational materials on developmental disabilities.
- National Association for Dual Diagnosis (NADD): provides professionals, educators, policy makers, and families with education, training, and information on mental health issues relating to persons with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities
- New Jersey Council on Developmental Disabilities: Provides a platform for agencies, consumers, parents and advocates, to develop a coordinated social policy. NJCDD commissions research on policy issues and funds model programs and projects to inform decision-makers, legislators and the general public about developmental disabilities.